Biohacking with Ice Baths for Recovery
Ice baths are a form of cold water immersion, which improves the natural recovery process of the human body.1
Potential benefits of ice baths for recovery:
- Reduce muscle soreness: Ice baths are known to reduce muscle soreness and inflammation, allowing athletes to recover faster and get back to training sooner.*2
- Speed up recovery time: By reducing inflammation and increasing blood flow, ice baths can help speed up the recovery process and reduce the risk of injury.*3
- Improve circulation: Cold temperatures cause blood vessels to constrict, which can improve circulation and reduce swelling.*4
- Enhance mood, energy and focus: Ice baths have been shown to release powerful molecules, which can improve mood, energy and focus.*5
While ice baths can be effective for recovery, they may not be suitable for everyone. People with heart conditions or other health concerns should consult with a medical professional before trying an ice bath. It's also important to gradually acclimate your body to cold water by starting with shorter sessions and gradually increasing the duration and frequency over time.
To take it to the next level and incorporate Reishi into your recovery routine. Try it after your workout or while in your ice bath, to restore your body so you can come back at your optimum again and again.*
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
2 & 5. Huberman Lab: The Science & Use of Cold Exposure for Health & Performance
Leave a comment